Monday, July 07, 2008

The Past Week

Well, my brother and SIL are back home now. They have been told that he can have radiation and chemotherapy for the tumor and his treatments can be done here locally. They didn't waste any time moving home when they got the news.
They should find out this week how soon he can start.

Last Thursday, my nephew had his gall bladder removed in the morning and was home mid-afternoon! I can't believe he didn't have to stay overnight for it. He had some pain over the weekend, but that was from moving around too much. Typical man, doing too much! He learned a lesson, let's hope it sticks this time. haha

We spent Saturday night and a different nephew's house for a BBQ and party. It was fun. We enjoyed ourselves and had lots of food. My sister's boys can both BBQ, smoke and do whatever with meat like no one else I know! They love to cook meat and it always tastes so yummy!

I've been trying to get some stock ready for the boat races. They are the last weekend of the month. I'm not sure if Mike is going this year or not. I might have to go too to sell everything. I haven't been there in a couple of years, so we'll see. They did really well last year on my stuff. I even had some special orders to work on until late Saturday night. I got them all done though and they were bought.

Over at Crochetmania, we're getting ready for a crochet or knitting olympics. What we do is to set a personal goal for ourselves and we can't start it until the torch is lit and have to finish when the torch is put out. Then we report how much we accomplished for out medal. It's pretty much on the honor system. I'm trying to decide what project or projects what I want to work on for it. It would be a good time to finish up a couple of my big WIPS to get done.
I'll post more on this when it gets closer to the Olympics starting.

Well, I don't know what the week is going to bring. We may be taking a trip to Wenatchee this weekend. We haven't decided yet on that.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I hope your brother's treatments will shrink the tumor.

My Mom is scheduled to have her gall bladder out on 9-11; I won't be able to be there. I don't think she will do too much too soon though. I will have to make sure she doesn't...

Jodi said...

Thanks, Tina! We are hoping for a good report in a couple of weeks when he has another MRI. He has begun riding his bicycle again, which is a great thing. It has given him some freedom out of the house.

I hope your mom's surgery went well. My nephew did too much, too soon, like the next day and he ended up in the emergency room to get pain med's.