Thursday, August 31, 2006

August 31st Update

Well, the kids are back in school now. YEH!!!! Now we have to push the homework issue and keep up with sports games.

I finally got my car back on Monday night. I'm so happy to have it again. So far, so good with the new but used engine. Even the dogs are happy, since they get to go for rides more often now.

The men folk are trying to get ready for hunting next week. They are leaving the 6th. I'll have to go pick up the boys on Sunday so they don't miss any more school than 3 days.

I've really seriously started working on the Christmas card designs. Hopefully, I'll be printing them soon. There's less than 4 months for me to get them all done and mailed out.

I've made contact with an old friend this morning. She's someone I worked with over 20 years ago and I think of her often. We used to have a lot of fun together and I'm really glad to have reconnected with her.

This past week we've had a lot of smoke from a major forest fire. The fire is actually about 2 hours drive from us, but the wind changed and blew it here until Tuesday. Then the wind started going the other direction and really making it hard on the firefighters. It looks like it's going to cross over the Oregon border now. There's been almost 70,000 acres burned already. This was prime hunting area and many of our archer friends were going up there tomorrow for opening season. I'm sure most will either go somewhere else or not at all now. They say they can hunt North of the fire, but I think it'll be too smoky that close. Mike and the boys always hunt somewhere else for the opening, so they aren't worried about where they'll be going. I heard that 2 houses have been burned, but not injuries that I know of. We all hope that they are able to stay safe there and get control of it soon.

I hope everyone has a great last day of August!

Lator, Gators!

No comments: