Friday, May 18, 2007

27 Years Ago Today......

the sky was dark and the ash started to fall around us!

It's the anniversary of Mount St. Helens blowing her top. I went and played Frisbee in the park with some friends while the ash was coming down. I had friends stuck all over the state. (Hey Karen, bet you don't miss Ritzville at all!) It was an interesting time for everyone in this part of the country.

What were you doing on May 18th, 1980? Send me a comment and tell me all about it. I'd love to hear your stories.

You can click on the words Mount St. Helens above and go to the website to read more about it.

1 comment:

NewLifestyle said...

I do remember that day well. I was living in Florida and my boys were just tots....when they were a handful, LOL.
It came on the news that she had blew, and it didn't look good. I remember that there was an older man that would not leave and they feared he was gone. Two days after she blew, we had ash fall out all the way down there in FL.
I think that is what will always stick in my mind about the event the most.