Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Woody Woodpecker came to visit

We kept hearing a noise outside, taptaptaptaptaptap, kind of like someone hammering on something. Well, we found out there was a woodpecker on a power pole across the street. I went out to get a picture of it (in the rain) and it flew away. I don't know if this is the same one that visited us last year or not. That one was in our tree though.

I'm not sure what it is about that power pole, but a while back there was a peacock up on it. He sat there and squawked for about 15 hours or more! He kept us awake most of the night. Very annoying! We live across the street from an elementary school in the city limits, so it's not like we live in the country where these types of birds might be more common. It's funny though!

1 comment:

NewLifestyle said...

I love the sound of the peacock and guinees...but my neighbors here would shoot me if I got any.
I had 51 birds once on this small farm where we lived. Chickens, king pigeons, my guinees and one big old peacock :)
I just loved the sounds of those birds....wish I could have them again here