Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's Tuesday....

Well, it's Tuesday and the week did not start off very well.

On Sunday, we noticed that our refrigerator/freezer was having trouble. Monday morning we removed all the freezer items and put them in the large freezer out in our shed. The outside edges were getting hot, around the freezer only. I called to get a repair person here and they can't show up until July 30th! A week away! I'm thinking, ok the refrig part still works and they told me that it won't catch on fire before they get here.

Well, yesterday, the refrig. section just stops working! So hubby goes to get ice bags, the boys bring in a couple of coolers and we fill up the camp trailer refrig. too. Now, we are camping inside the house!! I'm so not happy with Sears right now. We've been paying for an extended warranty on appliances and I'm thinking that it's time to get them looked at and close them. Warranties should give us a priority of turn-around time on broken items. Expecially, when it's the only refrig. we have. I don't think I'll be buying any more appliances from them after this. I'm sure I could have bought from a local company and gotten it repaired much sooner.

The hydroplane boat races are this weekend and I'm staying home this year. Mike is going on Saturday with a buddy. For some reason, Mike's company decided that Saturday is a 21 and over only day. It's really the wrong day to do that, since all the kid stuff is done on Friday and Saturday and hardly nothing on Sunday, just races and the air show. On Sunday, he is taking the boys down there. The company has a private viewing area and with a banquet permit, they can drink inside it. We used to be in charge of getting all the food, drink, BBQ and permit down there, year after year, since we liked to get there really early to park close. After many years of babysitting drunken adults, seeing that they get home on time and watching my own kids, I'm done with it. For now, I'll just sit at home and watch them on TV if they are on there. I'll post pictures later of what it looks like down there on the river.

Well, I'm hoping that the rest of the week goes better. I'm off the work and the post office this morning. I needed to mail out something yesterday and with the refrig. problem, I never got there.

I hope you all have a good week!

1 comment:

A Playful Yarn Again said...

When we moved in to our new home we bought all new appliances. We were here for 5 days without any of them, then when the finally did get here the stove was so badly smashed they couldn't get it to us..nice!! We had to wait an extra 3 days for that!! Was not a fun time!

We made it through though and you will do...then you can just roll your eyes at it when you talk about it in the future.

A few years ago, in the middle of a hot hot summer we had our fridge go out too...luckily by the time it was totall dead we had the money to go get a new one. I'm tellin' ya, if it's not one thing it's another.

I know what you mean too, about not wanting to babysit drunk adults!! Been there, didn't like that...especially because I'm not a drinker myself.

Maybe you'll have a nice quiet weekend with everyone else gone. Ahh, what I would give for that right now!!!!