Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Fun Shopping Day with Mom

Mom called me this morning and wanted to drive down to Hermiston and do some shopping. For those of you that don't know where Hermiston is, it is about 30 miles South of where we are in Oregon. Well in Oregon there is no sales tax. Here it is 8.3%. They have a Walmart, Bimart and other such stores. We also went to a couple of thrift stores while we were there. We stopped at a Chinese restaurant that Mom and Dad usually go to and came home. Dad just didn't feel like going today, so Mom called me. We had a really fun day. Of course I had to buy some more yarn. (Oops!! did I say that out loud? Hubby might hear me.) Big Lots had some of the fancy yarns for $1, so how could I resist?

I also picked up a sweatshirt for a $1 at one of the thrift stores.

Andy is feeling better and went back to school on Monday. He goes back to the doctor on Friday for a follow -up on his strep and mono. Hopefully, the doctor will release him for sports now. It's driving him nuts not being able to run or play sports when he feels better now.

Mike got off work early today and talked me into going to Costco. He's starting to stock up on items for the next hunting trip which he leaves for in a week. It wasn't too busy today. Usually, I get in there and you can't hardly move your cart around there are so many people. Then you get to the cash register and wait in line behind 5 or more folks. It's not that they don't have enough cashiers, it's just always that busy.

There are a couple of bazaars that start on friday this weekend. I'll just have to go and get more ideas, like I need any help in that area of my brain!

Next week we are having our annual archery club turkey shoot and swap meet. It's usually a fun night. We are having a problem with having an indoor place to shoot this winter. Where we have been shooting for several years is not available to us any longer. We are using a different building for the turkey shoot and it is costing us a bundle for one night. We really need a place of our own so we don't have to rely on others to keep things up. Last year there were problems with the heat, no tables or chairs and the pipes were broken one night which caused a flood inside the building.

Well, that's about it for now.

You all have a wonderful weekend, if I don't hear from you before then!


No comments: